Windows Server is a server operating system from Microsoft
You can install Windows Server either with our licenses or on your own. You will be given access to KVM IPMI server with which you can mount any ISO image and install any OS by yourself
Windows license will be automatically added as a service and paid additionally, its cost is 5 €/month per core of your server.
If you have an unlicensed Windows OS and you want to license it, you will need to reinstall the OS.
Please note that when reinstalling the OS all data inside the server will be deleted, so if you are planning to use a server with windows as an important part of your projects, you should order the OS with a license right away.
For each server with Windows OS, connection via RDP (Protocol that allows remote work with the server) is available
By default, only two Administrators can connect to Windows and work simultaneously. For each new user, you need to buy a license for remote access, the cost of one license for one user is 13 €/month.
Windows Server 2016 features:*
- Cluster Operating System Rolling Upgrade mechanism of cluster hosts without stopping it (Cluster Operating System Rolling Upgrade) - this happens through creation of a mixed cluster of Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server vNext.
- Synchronous storage replication at the block level with support for geographically distributed clusters.
- Virtual network controller (software-defined networking stack) for simultaneous management of physical and virtual networks.
- New format of configuration files of virtual machines (.VMCX and .VMRS), with higher protection against storage level failures. It will also be possible to update versions of configuration files.
- Snapshots can be created directly from the guest OS.
- Full-fledged Storage Quality of Service (QoS) - ability to dynamically track storage performance and hot migration of virtual machines when those storages exceed thresholds (IOPS).
- Changes in Hyper-V itself: use of alternative accounts (storing multiple accounts of the same person, the ability to use by time), the ability to manage previous versions of Hyper-V in the corporate infrastructure, updating and improving the protocol of remote management, the ability to securely boot Linux guest operating systems
- Ability to update Integration Services via Windows Update.
- "Hot" addition of network cards and RAM.
- OpenGL and OpenCL support for Remote Desktop.
- Application publishing capabilities.
- Connected Standby compatibility. - Windows Defender: Windows Server Antimalware is now installed and enabled by default without a GUI - IIS 10: Added support for HTTP/2 - Windows PowerShell 5.0 - Telnet server removed.
Windows Server 2019 features:*
- Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- Kubernetes support.
- GUI features from Windows 10 version 1809.
- Storage Spaces Direct.
- Storage Migration Service.
- Storage Replica.
- System Insights.
- Updated Windows Defender.
- Nested virtualization in Hyper-V.