Windows Server is a server operating system from Microsoft
Windows Server can only be installed with our licenses.
The license will automatically be added as a service and is charged additionally, it costs 12€/month.
Please note that you have the option to use a Trial license for 180 days
At the end of the Trial License:
- The system will shut down every hour.
- Windows will stop receiving system updates, the only updates available for installation are security updates.
- When you start the system, the desktop will display a notification that the license is not activated and you are offered the following options:
- Activate Now;
- Ask Later.
In order to license Windows you will need to reinstall the operating system
Please note that reinstalling the operating system all the data in the vps will be removed, so if you plan to use vps with windows as an important component in your projects, it is worth ordering a licensed operating system at once.
You can order Windows server 2016, 2019 and 2022 with a license only in German DC
Trial version can be ordered in any other location (Germany, Netherlands, USA and Russia).
For each VPS on Windows OS is available connection via RDP (Protocol, which allows you to work remotely with the server)
By default, only two Administrators can connect to Windows and work simultaneously. For each new user, you need to buy a license for remote access, the cost of one license for one user is 13 €/month.
Windows Server 2016 features:*
- Cluster Operating System Rolling Upgrade mechanism of cluster hosts without stopping it (Cluster Operating System Rolling Upgrade) - this happens through creation of a mixed cluster of Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server vNext.
- Synchronous storage replication at the block level with support for geographically distributed clusters.
- Virtual network controller (software-defined networking stack) for simultaneous management of physical and virtual networks.
- New format of configuration files of virtual machines (.VMCX and .VMRS), with higher protection against storage level failures. It will also be possible to update versions of configuration files.
- Snapshots can be created directly from the guest OS.
- Full-fledged Storage Quality of Service (QoS) - ability to dynamically track storage performance and hot migration of virtual machines when those storages exceed thresholds (IOPS).
- Changes in Hyper-V itself: use of alternative accounts (storing multiple accounts of the same person, the ability to use by time), the ability to manage previous versions of Hyper-V in the corporate infrastructure, updating and improving the protocol of remote management, the ability to securely boot Linux guest operating systems
- Ability to update Integration Services via Windows Update.
- "Hot" addition of network cards and RAM.
- OpenGL and OpenCL support for Remote Desktop.
- Application publishing capabilities.
- Connected Standby compatibility. - Windows Defender: Windows Server Antimalware is now installed and enabled by default without a GUI - IIS 10: Added support for HTTP/2 - Windows PowerShell 5.0 - Telnet server removed.
Windows Server 2019 features:*
- Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- Kubernetes support.
- GUI features from Windows 10 version 1809.
- Storage Spaces Direct.
- Storage Migration Service.
- Storage Replica.
- System Insights.
- Updated Windows Defender.
- Nested virtualization in Hyper-V.
Windows Server 2022 features:
- Windows Server 2022 has built-in security features, such as using HTTPS and Transport Layer Security 1.3 by default. The Server Message Block Protocol in Windows Server 2022 will use AES-256 encryption. The biggest news, however, is the addition of Secured-core security.
- Azure hybrid capabilities:
- Azure Arc allows you to secure and manage Windows Server on-premises environments from edge or multi-cloud environments from a single dashboard in Azure.
- Application platform:
- Several platform enhancements for Windows containers have been added, including application compatibility and Windows container capabilities with Kubernetes. The main improvement includes reducing the size of the Windows container image by 40%, resulting in a 30% reduction in load time and improved performance.
- Windows Server 2022 has several new storage-related features, including:
- Storage migration service.
- Adjustable storage recovery rate.
- (Storage)Storage bus cache with disk(Storage) spaces on standalone servers.
- SMB compression.