PhpBrew is a builder and installer of different versions of PHP in the current user's home directory. It also knows how to quickly switch the necessary versions of PHP with a single command.
phpbrew also helps you control environment variables - with use and switch commands you can easily switch between PHP versions.
What phpbrew can do:
- Build PHP with different extensions (PDO, mysql, sqlite, debug... etc.)
- Build modules for Apache (each version with a module)
- Build and install PHP directly to home directory, thus no needing root to run it
- Switch versions of PHP with simple commands built into bash/zsh shells
- Install extensions to the current environment
- Install multiple versions of PHP on the system