Laravel is a free open-source web framework designed for development using the MVC architectural model.
Key features of Laravel:
- Packages - allow you to create and plug Composer modules into a Laravel application. Many additional features are already available as such modules.
- Eloquent ORM - PHP implementation of ActiveRecord design pattern. Allows you to strictly define relationships between database objects. Laravel's standard Fluent query builder is supported by Eloquent core.
- Application logic is the part of the application being developed, declared either using controllers or routes (closure functions). The syntax of the declarations is similar to the syntax used in the Sinatra framework.
- Reverse routing links application-generated links and routes, allowing the latter to be modified with automatic updates of the linked links. When you create links using named routes, Laravel automatically generates final URLs.
- REST controllers - an additional layer to separate logic for handling GET and POST HTTP requests.
- Class auto-loading - mechanism for automatically loading PHP classes without the need to include their definition files in the include. On-demand loading prevents unnecessary components from being loaded; only the ones that are actually used are loaded.
- View composers - blocks of code that are executed when a view is generated.
- Inversion of Control - allows you to get instances of objects by reverse control. It can also be used for creating and receiving singleton objects.
- Migrations - version control system for databases. It allows you to link the changes in the application code with the changes you want to make in the database structure, which simplifies the deployment and updating of the application.
- Unit testing (unit tests) - plays a very large role in Laravel, which itself contains a large number of tests to prevent regressions (errors due to code updates or fixing other bugs).
- Page output (pagination) - simplifies page generation by replacing different ways of doing this with a single mechanism built into Laravel.
Choosing OCA laravele will install a bunch of nginx+php-fpm 7.2 + mariadb mysql
host: localhost user: user pass: root vps password
laravel is connected to mysql and accessible at http://IP-VPS